Leaving a legacy
A way to be remembered
Leaving us a legacy is a touching way to make your love and passion for pets live on. More than half our income comes from legacies so your support is absolutely invaluable in helping us to care for sick, injured and homeless pets.
We've been dedicated to the health and happiness of pets since 1897. Abandoned or unwanted, ill or injured – we do what's needed to give every pet a healthy life in a happy home. As a charity, we we rely on public donations from animal lovers to continue our vital work. The more help you give us, the more help we can give pets.
Ways to find out more
- Download our legacy information booklet
- Download our suggested wording for different types of legacies
- Download our frequently asked questions about leaving a legacy
- If you would like us to tell you more about leaving Blue Cross a legacy please fill in our legacy information request form
- Or please contact our legacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0300 777 1757
If you haven’t made a Will
Making a Will allows you to provide for your loved ones and the causes close to your heart, like Blue Cross. Having a legally valid Will provides peace of mind that your wishes will be honoured and need not be a complicated process:
- Work out the value of your estate
- Decide on your beneficiaries (the people or organisations you wish to benefit from your assets)
- Appoint your executors (the people named in your Will who are responsible for making sure your instructions are carried out). We have an online guide to assist your executors.
- Visit a solicitor to have your Will drawn up and executed. If you have already made a Will and simply wish to add a legacy to Blue Cross, visit your solicitor to draw up and execute a Codicil, which can be kept with your original Will. To find a qualified solicitor in your area visit the Law Society website. We have provided information to assist your solicitor.
- Make a copy of your Will for future reference and keep the original in a safe place. Your solicitor will often store it free of charge
- Make sure a relative or close friend knows where your original Will is stored
- Get in contact with our legacy team to let us know your intentions by telephoning 0300 777 1757 or emailing email@example.com.