Giving a horse a home
Horse rehoming loan scheme
Blue Cross rehomes horses on a monitored loan, which means we check in to see how they’re doing from time to time so we can make sure that they – and you – are happy.
If you and your family have decided you’d like to give a home to a horse or pony from Blue Cross, please have a look to see horses currently available for loan.
Can't find the right horse for you?
If you've had a look at our horses currently available for loan and can't find the right one for you, please fill in one of our general horse Homefinder forms:
Benefits of the Blue Cross loan scheme
There are a number of benefits of rehoming a horse or pony using the Blue Cross monitored rehoming loan scheme:
- The horse will be individually matched to you
- You can ‘try before you buy’
- We’ll give you an honest history of the horse
- Each horse has had a comprehensive health and training assessment
- We offer help and support if you have any issues with your horse
- If your circumstances change, you can return the horse to us
- It’s value for money
- You’re supporting a charity and enabling us to help more horses in need
- If you rehome a non-ridden horse from us, you’ll be given ongoing support through a tailor made financial package agreed between you and our horse team.
Rehoming prices and donations
- HV - £35.75 including VAT @ 20%
- Admin Fee – £66.38 including VAT @ 20%
- Delivery - £1.44/mile including VAT @ 20%
- £30 Non ridden Companion
- £120 Lead Rein
- £300 Riding Horse/Pony