What we do
Our Education Team gives free talks across the UK promoting responsible pet ownership from hamsters to horses. In 2014 we reached over 65,000 children in schools, as well as talking to youth groups, prisons and individual families. Our talks can range from how to look after your pet, animal welfare, keeping safe around dogs, to our RespectaBULL ‘status dog’ campaign, and we can tailor our talk to meet your needs. We also provide resources to the groups we meet for additional information.
Who we work with
We give free talks to people of all ages. Here are just some of groups that we have visted
- Schools – primary and secondary
- Youth groups – Scouts, Guides, police cadets, youth clubs, St Johns Ambulance badgers and cadets, afterschool clubs, Pony Club, Prince’s Trust programmes
- Colleges – animal management, horse management, public services and health care courses, pupil referral units
- Bespoke sessions also delivered to probationers, young offenders and prisoners
- Families – sessions on family dog safety for parents and parents-to-be
"Just wanted to give you some feedback to say how fantastic we thought the session was, we often have difficulty finding external agencies who are able to deliver such dynamic and interactive workshops which keep our students so engaged!" Cotelands Pupil Referral Unit, Croydon
65,556 children reached last year.
How to book a talk
Whether your group is small or large, if you are interested in learning more about responsible pet ownership then we’d love to hear from to you. All you need to do is complete our form and we will be in touch with suitable dates. Our talks are free and all our team members are DBS checked.