Looking for a volunteering day with a difference?
At Blue Cross, we offer fun and inspiring days at our rehoming centres and hospitals across the country. Inspire your team and help pets in need!
Purrfect for pets in need
At Blue Cross, pets are at the heart of everything we do. Every year, thousands of dogs, cats, horses and small pets come to our hospitals and clinics for treatment and care. The valuable work that corporate teams do at our rehoming centres and hospitals helps us provide an even better environment for pets in need.
What will your team get stuck into?
There are lots of activities on offer on your volunteer day. You’re sure to be dog-tired by the end of it, but it will be lots of fun! Typical activities include….
- Building rabbit hutches – taking pre-cut kits and assembling sturdy homes for the rabbits in our care
- Painting and decorating – applying your skills to make our space a more beautiful place for both pets and people
- Creating a vegetable garden – designing and planting a garden to grow nutritious veg for our hungry rabbits
- Caring for our grounds – using your green fingers to help maintain the natural spaces where we care for animals
- Making pet toys – assembling cat enrichment toys such as scratching posts to keep our many moggies happy
- Preparing fundraising events – putting up marquees, sorting raffle prizes . . . you name it, it needs doing!