Blue Cross has been dedicated to the health and happiness of pets since 1897 and helps thousands dogs, cats, horses and small animals each year.
Our joined-up approach to animal welfare sets us apart and we pride ourselves on the positive impact we make for pets and their owners. Here's a few key facts:
- We rehome over 7,000 unwanted or abandoned animals each year
- Through our clinical services, we carry out over 83,000 veterinary procedures each year, helping pet owners who cannot afford private veterinary fees
- We have a skilled behaviour team to both assess and work with pets, particularly dogs, that come into our care and to provide dedicated training to support them and their new owners
- We focus on improving attitudes to pets and their welfare by educating 50,000 school children every year about responsible pet ownership and undertaking communication campaigns to highlight welfare issues
- Our award award-winning Pet Bereavement Support Service is available for people struggling after the loss of a beloved pet