How to make a Star Wars cat toy
This Star Wars Day, get your cat involved in the action with a simple homemade X-wing activity feeder they’ll love.
You will need
- An empty cereal box – just the front and back
- Two toilet roll tubes
- A pencil
- Craft knife
How to make an X-wing toy
- Draw and cut out one long triangle on one side of your cereal box – square off the top of the triangle instead of drawing it into a point
- Next, draw four equal sized rectangles (around 20cm in length) on the other piece of cardboard, along with two long thin strips (around 10cm in length) and cut these out
- Grab your glue and place two of the rectangles to the underside of your triangle, near the bottom on opposite sides
- Cut a slit the same size as the width of the other rectangles into the toilet roll tubes and insert the remaining rectangles
- Glue these tubes onto the body of the X-wing where you have placed the other rectangles to create the wings
- Now glue each of the strips to the end of the wings
- Let it all dry, fill with kibble and let your cat play
Note: Treats should be given occasionally and alongside a well-balanced diet.