A unique collection of doggy dreamhomes will be on display across London from mid-March to mid-April 2018, before being auctioned off in aid of Blue Cross. Funds raised will help the thousands of sick, injured, homeless and unwanted pets the charity cares for each year.
A network of architects, artists, designers and celebrities – including Russell Watson - created the collection of dog kennels to go on display. Organisations include the internationally famous Zaha Hadid Architects, renowned mosaic artist Ivan Djidev and multi-award winning designers Denizen Works Ltd.¹
Matt Cull, Deputy Director of Fundraising at Blue Cross said: “We are already seeing illustrations and mock-ups of some of the kennels and are very excited about them coming to life and appearing in London. We are delighted so many talented architects and designers have taken part and the range going on display will be very varied, from the chic and minimalist to kennels ablaze with colour. Blue Cross helps thousands of pets, from hamsters up to horses, every year and we are delighted that this exciting project will also help the many pets needing our help.”
Over 50 bespoke dog kennels will go on display at several venues across London, including the iconic St Pancras International.
The BowWow Haus installation and auction has been created in partnership with U.S based Outdoor Arts Foundation who hosted a BowWow Haus event in 2004 in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Notes to Editors
• ¹Full list of participants, interviews requests and images available, contact Blue Cross media office.
• Abandoned or unwanted, ill or injured, pets turn to us for help every year. Our doors are always open to them, and with your support, they always will be.
• Each year, thousands of cats, dogs, small pets and horses turn to our animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and to find them the happy homes they deserve. Pets Change Lives. We Change Theirs.
• For more information, please visit www.bluecross.org.uk
• The Outdoor Arts Foundation is a U.S. based not-for-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing the cultural character of communities through creative artistic endeavours. For more information, please visit www.outdoorartsfoundation.com