- Heat oven to 180ºC/Gas Mark 4 and line a 10-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Whizz the chocolate into small pieces in a food processor 2 In the largest mixing bowl you have, tip in the flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, 100ml soured cream, eggs, vanilla and 100ml water.
- Whisk everything together with electric beaters until smooth, then quickly stir in 100g of the whizzed-up chocolate bits
- Divide the mixture between the 10 cases, then bake for 20 mins until a skewer comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack
- To make the icing – put the remaining chocolate bits, soured cream and 3 tbsp sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate is melted and you have a smooth icing. Chill in the fridge until firm enough to swirl on top of the muffins
- Then tuck in
Ingredients - makes 10
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g light muscovado sugar, plus 3tbsp extra
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 150ml sunflower oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 284ml pot soured cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract