Mischievous Labrador Boris is in the dog house after his taste for dishcloths left him needing Blue Cross hospital treatment.
The cheeky chap was admitted to our Grimsby animal hospital after he swallowed a whole dishcloth in one big gulp.
Tracy Lang, a Blue Cross Veterinary Nurse, said: “We gave Boris an injection which made him sick and he brought the cloth up straight away. He was feeling very sorry for himself afterwards.
“Boris’s owner did the right thing bringing him to us so quickly as the dishcloth could have caused a blockage, and he would have needed surgery.”
If your dog's eyes are too big for his stomach, find out how to teach your dog to “leave” or “drop it” on command with advice from our free animal factsheets.