Homemade Christmas biscuits for dogs
Get your dog into the Christmas spirit with these festive homemade dog biscuits.
These festive homemade dog biscuits are easy to make and are great gift for your pooch and their friends!
What you'll need
- 1 egg
- 170g of boiled chicken breast
- 100g of cooked plain rice
- ¼ pint of chicken stock with no added salt
- 680g plain flour (you may need less flour than this recipe states so take a look at the video below for the right consistency)
- Blender or food processor
- Cookie cutters or a skilled, steady hand and a toothpick
- Rolling pin
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the boiled chicken breast, cooked rice and chicken stock to your blender. Blitz until it's nice and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the egg and flour. Mix well until the ingredients are all combined and resemble a dough-like consistency.
- Place your dough on a clean surface dusted in flour and knead it until it's no longer sticky. Once ready, roll your dough out and cut our your festive shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place your cookies on a baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Finally, let them cool before feeding them to your dog.
Treats should be given occasionally and alongside a well-balanced diet and any new foods should be introduced slowly and in small quantities. Always check with your vet if your dog has any special dietary requirements.
• 19 December 2022
• 19 December 2025