Blue Cross shop Abergavenny
Our charity shop sells a mixture of donated clothes, books, toys, household goods and soft furnishings. We also carry an assorted supply of new goods and greetings cards. All the money raised from sales in our shops goes towards helping sick, injured and homeless pets.
Pet food bank donations
No one should have to choose between feeding themselves and feeding their pet. We collect food and other pet items for Blue Cross pet food banks at our shop. Each and every donation we receive goes to support pets and their families and helps keep pets in their loving homes.
We accept donations for our pet food bank here at any time during our opening hours. Please let a member of our team know when you arrive and your items will be gratefully received. You can also support us by donating funds to our pet food bank appeal.
The pets helped by our pet food banks are:
- guinea pigs
What we can accept:
- Wet or dry pet food in unopened tins, pouches or packets, including special diets eg senior, puppy, kitten
- Hay, straw and substrate for rabbits, guinea pigs and other small pets
Sorry, but we’re unable to accept donations of the following:
- Dry pet food that’s over three months past its best before date
- Wet pet food that’s over three years past its best before date
- Open packets of food or litter where the contents have been exposed to the air. Open boxes containing individual pouches or tins are accepted as long as the pouches or tins are unopened.
- Food with damaged packaging, including dented tins, holes in sacks, grease spots on bags
- Raw food
- Food for humans
- Food or items for horses. We hope to be able to collect these soon.