1. Access and use of this site is provided by Blue Cross
References in these Terms to "we" or "us" or "our" refer to Blue Cross.
2. Things change and this might be reflected on our site, so please check back here from time to time
Blue Cross reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. Please check these Terms on a regular basis for changes. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted will mean you accept the Terms as modified by the posted changes.
3. We are glad to have you here but make sure you have permission
Before accessing this site you should obtain permission to do so from the person who pays for internet access (either via telephone, broadband or network). Please note that information sent by email is at your own risk as security cannot be guaranteed.
4. This site is for our community of pet lovers so let’s be nice to each other
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of this site. We do not allow advertisements, especially of sales of animals, but talking about other animal charities is fine.
5. We spend a lot of time putting together the resources for our site
We invite you to use them for personal use or private study. Teaching resources are also available and these are clearly marked throughout our site.
a. All material on this site is the copyright of Blue Cross or third parties. You may view the contents of this site on screen. You are also permitted to print one copy of reasonable extracts from the site for your personal use or private study and to save one copy of such reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. Apart from this and other than as authorised in Term 5 (b) below, no part of this site or of any material on it may be reproduced in any form whatsoever without first obtaining the written permission of Blue Cross or any other copyright holder.
b. Certain pages or sections of this website may be reproduced for teaching or study purposes without obtaining our prior consent. These pages or sections are clearly indicated by a notice on the relevant page or section. This material may only be reproduced as follows. You may print and copy the pages for your private study or for teaching purposes in schools, colleges or universities, provided in each case that: copyright and source indications are also printed and copied; no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication; the document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; and a maximum of 30 copies are made.
c. If you are not sure whether or not any material can be printed or copied without first obtaining our permission please contact us first via this website.
d. No other use of material in the site may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, material may not be incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form and commercial use or publication of any material on this site is strictly prohibited (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business).
e. If you wish to use any material on the site other than in accordance with Term 5 (b) above please email your request via this website. We regret that, at present, we are unable to supply pictures to private individuals.
f. Blue Cross name and logo are trademarks of Blue Cross. Other logos and names used on this site may also be the trademarks of Blue Cross or their respective owners. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners.
6. Our pets often suffer from ailments of one kind or another and we understand that its good to talk them through with friends, but please consult your vet for advice too
The material in the site is provided for general information only and is not intended as specific advice. Whilst we try to ensure that the information in the site is accurate, we can accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the site content. Users who rely on the information in the site do so at their own risk.
This site is made available for public viewing solely on the basis that Blue Cross excludes to the extent lawfully permitted all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising out of use of this site or reliance upon its contents.
7. We work hard to ensure our site is a good resource for pet owners and people interested in animals but sometimes our website or parts of it are unavailable
While we always do our best to minimise disruption this cannot be guaranteed. We do not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
We cannot accept any liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur as a result of you using this site.
8. Play nice! It’s up to every community member to make this a friendly place to be
Everyone has their opinions, but try to express them in a way that doesn't offend. Offensive, threatening or discriminatory behaviour will result in information being removed and a possible ban. Remember too that people of all ages use this site. If you spot unsuitable behaviour, report it.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to this site or any part of it without prior notice.
9. Anyone is allowed to use this site; young and old.
a. If you are under 18, please do not state this on the site and please check that your parents are aware you are using the site. They may have some tips for you to help keep you safe.
b. If you are a parent and wish your children to use this site, please be aware that it is an open site and we cannot control who visits.
c. Useful reading for online safety for children can be found at the ChatDanger website and the NSPCC website.
d. Please don't talk about sex, don't include hyperlinks to unsuitable or pornographic websites, and no swearing! Instead, behave as you would around young relatives.
10. Usernamesbr />Be careful when adding any contact details to the site or on your profile. The only personal information given at registration that is public on the site, is your username. Please don't choose a username that implies you are a Blue Cross staff member, that could lead to you being confused with a moderator, or that includes offensive language. For technical reasons, usernames cannot be changed. Please only use pictures you have permission or are licensed to use
11. This site may contain links to other websites but we have no control over the content on other sites - please be aware that links may lead to sites that you are uncomfortable viewing
Such links are provided for your convenience only. Blue Cross does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents.
The inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and Blue Cross has no control over the availability of the linked page
12. Blue Cross logo may not be used without our prior written consent.
At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to this site and we accept no obligation to maintain any current page(s) linked to.
13. Conflict of terms and conditions
14. Occasionally laws come into effect that may alter these terms and conditions but the others will remain valid
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within that jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. We may be forced to use legal action against you if you do not abide by the terms and conditions we have set out here
These Terms and use of this site shall be governed by English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. However, Blue Cross shall have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive and other relief in respect of the infringement of intellectual property rights.