How to apply to be a volunteer
We have lots of volunteer roles available across the UK, so whatever your interests, skills and experience, and however much time you have to give, we hope to find the right role for you so you can help us to help more pets.
- Search for roles in your area by visiting our dedicated volunteering website and entering your town or postcode into the search bar
- Use the miles filter next to the search bar to change the distance you'll be able to travel
- Browse the volunteer vacancies available to you
- When you find a role that is of interest, click on it and find out more about the role, including what you'll be doing, any skills you might need and the benefits to you as a volunteer. You can also download a volunteer role profile for more information.
- If you'd like to apply for the role, click the button to apply
- We'll then ask you to fill in some information about you and why you're applying for the role. For some roles we’ll ask you to provide details of two referees. These can be an employer, community member or friends, but not a family member. Some roles may also require additional checks.
- Once you have applied you'll receive an email confirmation of your application and, if shortlisted, we’ll be in touch to invite you to an informal chat and to discuss the next steps.
We regularly update our available vacancies, so if you cannot find what you're looking for keep checking back.
Visit our volunteering FAQs page for more information or reach out to our volunteering team by email if you have any further questions.