You are here:
Walthamstow Mobile Vet Clinic
- Address Walthamstow Town Square, London
- Telephone 0300 777 1890
Walthamstow mobile vet clinic in London, which helps pets in the local area whose owners can’t afford private veterinary fees. To use our services, you’ll need to be a registered client.
The clinic is located at Walthamstow Town Square on Fridays
What services does the mobile clinic offer?
- health checks and treatment for straightforward problems, like ear conditions
- worm and flea treatment
- advice on responsible pet ownership
- general health checks
If your pet needs more extensive tests or treatment you will be referred to our animal hospital in Victoria. You’ll be expected to take your pet to the hospital yourself.
How do I register?
Please go to your nearest mobile clinic during the opening hours and take proof of your benefit. Numbers are limited and we work on a first come, first serve basis so please arrive early
You will need to bring proof of your benefit, along with photo ID (passport or driver’s licence) every time you visit the mobile clinic. If you don’t have photo ID, you can bring a utility bill (gas, electricity or water) with your name and address on it.
Clients who do not show proof of benefits when requested may be asked to come back when they can provide them.
Please don’t forget:
- We can’t treat your pet unless you provide proof of benefits
- You must live within the catchment area of our clinic
- We can only treat up to two pets per household
How much does it cost?
We’re a charity so we ask that you make a donation towards the cost of your pet’s care each time you use our services*.
We don’t receive any money from the government and we rely on donations so that we can continue to help thousands of sick, injured and homeless pets every year.
*There may be a charge for some services
Visiting the clinic
- We work on a first come, first serve basis so please arrive early
- Please bring your pet to the clinic yourself, rather than asking someone else, so that we can make sure we’re given accurate details about their medical condition and treatment
- Keep dogs on leads (and also muzzled if they have been known to bite), and transport cats in secure cat carry boxes and birds or rodents in suitable secure containers
- Clean up after your dog if they mess in or around the clinic. We can supply poop-a-scoops.
- We expect a proper standard of behaviour from our clients. Regrettably, some people have shown aggressive, abusive and even violent behaviour towards our team.
- This will not be tolerated and Blue Cross will exclude these people, which means they will have to find treatment for their pets elsewhere.
We work on a first come first served basis, please arrive early. Clients that use the mobile clinic are expected to be able to get to Victoria Hospital during mobile clinic 'out of hours' for their emergency service.
Pets needing more extensive treatment will be referred to the charity's animal hospital in Victoria.
Do I qualify for treatment?
To qualify you need to live within the catchment area of our clinic, which covers the following postcodes:
E4, 5, 10, 11, 17, 18
You also need to be on one of the following means tested benefits:
- Pension credit (not the standard state retirement pension)
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Working tax credit (not child tax credit)
- Council tax benefit (not 25% single person discount)
- jobseeker’s allowance (income based only)
- employment and support
- allowance (ESA)
- Universal credit
To find out more about the mobile clinic service and what proof of benefits and identification is needed to register call the Blue Cross animal hospital in Victoria on 0300 777 1890.
Not in the Walthamstow area, why not try our other Mobile vet clinics?